- : University of Sydney NSW 2006
The 7th international Preventing Overdiagnosis scientific conference, hosted by Wiser Healthcare, and co-sponsored by the WHO, will be held in Sydney, 5-7 December 2019.
Bringing some of the world’s leading experts on overdiagnosis to Australian shores, this event promises to be an exciting, mind-stretching exploration of what’s causing overdiagnosis, where and how it’s happening, and how health professionals we address it.
Conference themes are:
- Commercial Drivers of Overdiagnosis/Commercial Determinants of Health
- Genomics/Precision Medicine/AI
- Overdiagnosis and the Media
- Addressing Overdiagnosis and Overtreatment in Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Screening and Overdiagnosis in the Asia-Pacific Region
Preventing Overdiagnosis will host a range of keynote speakers. Speakers include Associate Professor Anna Stavdal, President-Elect of the World Organization of Family Doctors (WONCA) and Dr Fiona Godlee, Editor-in-chief, BMJ.
RACGP members - see here for the RACGP CPD event page.
Other CPD organisation members - we can provide certificates of attendance upon request.