Professional Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine
- : South Wharf, Melbourne VIC
The course is aimed at GPs with a clinical interest in the science of Aesthetic Medicine and the wish to grow their practice in that area. This course assumes no prior knowledge or speciﬁc training in the aesthetics ﬁeld. Participants must have completed their MBBS.
With Medicare rebates frozen for consultations and the cost of providing medical care increasing, incorporating aesthetic medical services to your practice will enhance your patients' overall experience and allow you to operate a more proﬁtable and ﬁnancially secure practice.
The latest trends in health and skin care result in an increased demand for skin repair and rejuvenation services - and skilled practitioners. Patients seek to improve the quality of their lives through physical changes and prefer to receive these services from a trusted, qualiﬁed doctor than from a beautician or cosmetic nurse.
Meeting your patients' aesthetic concerns and helping them to regain their healthy appearance and conﬁdence at their local GP's clinic will build long-term loyalty and add non-Medicare based revenue to your practice. Most aesthetic treatments are safe, quick and low-cost to deliver requiring repeated visits with minimal side-effects, no downtime, and immediately visible results for your patients – a win-win situation.
This course is the first part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Aesthetic Medicine. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine, Advanced Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine and Professional Diploma of Aesthetic Medicine.
The certificate course will provide the clinician with introductory knowledge including:
- Concepts of aesthetic medicine, facial ageing and skin classiﬁcations.
- Facial anatomy, facial anaesthesia and planning of cosmetic procedures.
- Chemical peels and topical skin treatments
- Chemical composition and safe practice of Botulinum toxin
- Dermal fillers and basic filler techniques
- How to integrate aesthetic services into your practice
Course participants will:
- Observe experts performing Aesthetic Medicine techniques on a large screen with close-up camera
- Participate in discussion of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review
- Optional clinical attachments are also available at dedicated aesthetic clinics
This certificate course:
- Is recognised by Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP). The RNZCGP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Peer review and audit are compulsory.
- Is quality-assured by Bond University.
- Has been submitted to the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. Doctors may join the academy, which has 26,000 physician and scientist members in more than 120 countries.