Professional Certificate of Dermoscopy
- : Online
The Professional Certificate of Dermoscopy is the first course in the three-part HealthCert Certificate and Diploma program in Dermoscopy. The certificate is designed to meet the needs of medical practitioners who are interested in primary care dermoscopy and assumes no prior knowledge or specific training in the diagnosis and management of skin cancer in primary care. Participants will acquire a range of knowledge in the management of benign and malignant non-melanocytic lesions commonly seen in the practice, melanocytic nevi, melanoma, facial lesions and acral lesions. Recognised and developed by members of the International Dermoscopy Society, no other program brings together such a diverse and accomplished team of globally renowned dermatologists and dermoscopy experts from Italy, Austria, Greece, USA, Japan, and Australia.
This course is the first part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Dermoscopy. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Dermoscopy, Advanced Certificate of Dermoscopy and Professional Diploma of Dermoscopy.
THE PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE COURSE IS LIMITED TO 30 PLACES PER TRIMESTER.
This course is for General Practitioners and degree-qualified nurses and dermal therapists who work under their supervision. There are no pre-requisites for this course.
The Professional Certificate course will provide the participants with a range of knowledge including:
- Three Point Checklist and The Elephant Method
- The Chaos & Clues method
- Benign non-melanocytic lesions
- Malignant non-melanocytic lesions
- Melanocytic nevi
- Facial lesions
- Acral lesions
Course participants will:
- Utilise Interactive Atlas international dermoscopy program
- Utilise YouDermoscopy application (app)
- Participate in webinars with experts and professional colleagues
- Observe professional clinic/patient interactions via video
- Evaluate dermoscopy cases in an online discussion board
This certificate course:
- Is recognised by Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP). The RNZCGP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Peer review and audit are compulsory
- Is accredited by The Skin Cancer Institute and may be used as part of an application for Certified Skin Cancer Doctor credentials.
- Has been collaboratively designed with, and reviewed by, Associate Professor Giuseppe Argenziano, Head of the Dermatology Unit, Second University of Naples in Italy. A prolific author in this field.
- Recognised by the International Dermoscopy Society. Membership is worldwide and more than 100 countries are represented.
- Recognised by the Medical University of Graz as part one of the Professional Diploma of Dermoscopy that provides credit towards the MSc in Dermoscopy and Preventative Dermato-Oncology.