Professional Certificate of General Dermatology
- : Online
Presented by noted dermatologists, this comprehensive course teaches how to manage common skin, hair and nail conditions in primary care. You will learn about modes of presentation, relevant investigations and management of all of the common skin conditions from acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis through to drug rashes, hair loss and common cosmetic complaints.
The course is delivered online in eight modules which can be viewed and replayed at any time. Participants will receive valuable 12 months web-based support from the speakers and participate in regular online learning sessions with the opportunity to ask any questions you might have as you implement your learning.
This course is the first part of the three-part Professional Diploma of General Dermatology. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of General Dermatology, Advanced Certificate of General Dermatology and Professional Diploma of General Dermatology.
This course is for General Practitioners and for degree-qualified nurses and dermal therapists who work under their supervision. The course assumes no prior knowledge or training in the field.
This professional certificate:
- Is recognised by Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP). The RNZCGP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Peer review and audit are compulsory.
- Is quality-assured by Bond University.
- Qualifies for certified clinical attachments in General Dermatology in France at the University of Lyon.
- Qualifies for certified clinical attachments in General Dermatology in Austria at the University of Vienna.
- Provides credit for Postgraduate Diploma in General Dermatology which is studied online at the Rila Institute of Health Sciences which in turn provides credit for a Master of Science in Dermatology awarded by the University of Plymouth (UK).