Professional Diploma of Aesthetic Medicine
- : South Wharf, Melbourne VIC
The Professional Diploma of Aesthetic Medicine will help you acquire the most advanced clinical knowledge and critical awareness of aesthetic medicine principles and treatment options. The course has been designed for medical practitioners who wish to build on the knowledge gained from the Professional Certificate and Advanced Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine. There will be a greater focus on difficult and complex cases in aesthetic medicine. Submission and analysis of medical practitioners’ own cases are a key feature of this course.
This course is the final part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Aesthetic Medicine. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine, Advanced Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine and Professional Diploma of Aesthetic Medicine.
Topics covered include:
- Vascular treatments, hair removal, and scar management
- Pigmentation disorders and melasma
- Resurfacing (CO2 laser, Erbium laser, radiofrequency)
- Cryolipolysis and body shaping
- Acne and rosacea treatments
- Difficult Botulinum toxin cases
- Dermal fillers for forehead and temples
- Marketing and regulation compliance
Course participants will:
- Observe experts performing aesthetic medicine techniques on a large screen with close-up camera.
- Perform aesthetic techniques in a simulated environment and receive feedback.
- Participate in online discussion of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions.
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field.
- Receive ongoing post-course support through webinars and case reviews.
- Optional aesthetic medicine clinical attachments are also available at dedicated aesthetics clinics.
This certificate course:
- Is recognised by Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP). The RNZCGP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Peer review and audit are compulsory.
- Is quality-assured by Bond University.
- Is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.
- Has been submitted to the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. Doctors may join the academy, which has 26,000 physician and scientist members in more than 120 countries.