PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA OF AESTHETIC MEDICINE
- : Sydney NSW 2000
The Professional Diploma of Aesthetic Medicine will help you acquire the most advanced clinical knowledge and critical awareness of aesthetic medicine principles and treatment options. The course has been designed for medical practitioners who wish to build on the knowledge gained from the Professional Certificate and Advanced Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine. There will be a greater focus on difficult and complex cases in aesthetic medicine. Submission and analysis of medical practitioners’ own cases are a key feature of this course.
Topics covered include:
- Vascular treatments, hair removal, and scar management
- Pigmentation disorders and melasma
- Resurfacing (CO2 laser, Erbium laser, radiofrequency)
- Cryolipolysis and body shaping
- Acne and rosacea treatments
- Difficult Botulinum toxin cases
- Dermal fillers for forehead and temples
Course participants will:
- Observe experts performing aesthetic medicine techniques on a large screen with close-up camera.
- Perform aesthetic techniques in a simulated environment and receive feedback.
- Participate in online discussion of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions.
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field.
- Receive ongoing post-course support through webinars and case reviews.
- Optional aesthetic medicine clinical attachments are also available at dedicated aesthetics clinics.
COURSE OUTLINE Saturday
|8:00am - 8:30am||Registration|
|8:30am - 10:00am||Session 1||Laser use: Pigment melasma and resurfacing|
|10:00am - 10:30am||Morning Tea|
|10:30am - 12:00pm||Session 2||Ultrasound and radio frequency treatment|
|12:00pm - 1:00pm||Lunch|
|1:00pm - 2:30pm||Session 3||Acne and rosacea|
|2:30pm - 3:00pm||Afternoon Tea|
|3:00pm - 4:30pm||Session 4||Advanced Botulinum toxin|
|8:30am - 8:45am||Arrival|
|8:45am - 10:15am||Session 5||Non-aesthetic use of lasers|
|10:15am - 10:45am||Morning Tea|
|10:45am - 12:15pm||Session 6||Dermal fillers|
|12:15pm - 1:15pm||Lunch|
|1:15pm - 2:45pm||Session 7||Cryolipolysis and body shaping|
|2:45pm - 3:15pm||Afternoon Tea|
|3:15pm - 4:45pm||Session 8||Complex case discussions|
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
Our team of exceptional instructors consists of highly trained sub‐specialised general practitioners who have successfully incorporated aesthetic medicine services into their practice. You will have access to valuable 12 month web-based support with the opportunity to ask the instructors any questions you may have as you implement your learning.
Dr Jenny Kimmins
MBBS, FRACGP, Dip. Derm
Fellow of the Cosmetic Physicians College of Australasia
Aesthetic Medicine Physician and Medical Director at Southern Cosmetics, Victoria
HealthCert Course Chair for Aesthetic Medicine
Dr Dianne King
Skin Cancer Doctor at New Town Skin Cancer Centre
B.Med Sci (UTAS), MBBS ( UTAS), DCH (London), DRANZCOG, FRACGP, DPD (Cardiff), MMed (Skin Cancer), Dip. Aesthetic Medicine (AAAM)
Dr Isabelle Jonsson-Lear
MBChB FRACGP FACCRM FACSCM FSCCA
Master degree in Primary Skin Cancer Medicine, The University of Queensland
Dr Anthony Rixon
MBBS, FRACGP, MMed, DRCOG, B.Biomed.Sc
Medical Director, Main Street Cosmetic and Skin, Lilydale Victoria
Dr Mirjana Janjic
FRACGP, CPCA, AAAM