Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine
The Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine will extend your knowledge required to manage the majority of all skin cancer cases through the application of dermoscopy, advanced histopathology, topical treatments, and electro-surgery. You will also learn how to manage immune-suppressed patients and manage rare and aggressive skin cancers. This course is delivered online in eight modules and is presented by the world's leading skin cancer experts including Professor Harald Kittler (Austria), Professor Richard Usatine (USA), Professor Iris Zalaudek (Austria), Professor Luc Thomas (France), and other thought leaders in this field.
This course is the third part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine, Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine and Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine.
This course will focus on lesion and field directed treatments as well as skin imaging, drug therapy, special situations, treatment of rare/aggressive skin cancers, and studies of both melanoma and non-melanoma treatments.
The theory sessions cover:
- Merkel cell carcinoma and rare/aggressive skin cancers
- Cutaneous cryosurgery and electrosurgery
- Lesion and field-directed treatments
- Advanced histopathology
- Dermal imaging
- Factors influencing the choice of treatment
- Managing special cases and complications, including immuno-supressed patients
Course participants will:
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to research/readings in the field, free alumni learning resources, video lectures and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review
- Have the opportunity to participate in optional clinical attachments at dedicated skin cancer clinics