Professional Diploma of Women's Health
Delivered by leading experts in the field, the online Professional Diploma of Women’s Health equips medical professionals with a comprehensive understanding of women’s health issues commonly seen in primary care. Exploring medical conditions and concerns pertinent to female patients, the certificate course will enable you to provide high-demand services and better meet your patients’ needs.
As consultations with female patients account for over 56 per cent of primary care consultations in Australia, the gender-specific health needs of women are a significant part of day-to-day work in general practice. This Professional Diploma course offers subspecialist-level knowledge in women’s health issues, covering crucial areas such as vaginal prolapse, incontinence, complementary medicine, family planning, pregnancy complications, eating disorders, familial risk of breast and ovarian cancers, and premature ovarian insufficiency.
This course is the final stage of the Professional Diploma of Women's Health. The education pathway is: Professional Certificate of Women's Health, Advanced Certificate of Women's Health, and Professional Diploma of Women's Health.
- Vaginal prolapse and urinary incontinence
- Complementary medicine
- Family planning
- Pregnancy complications
- Familial risk of breast and ovarian cancers
- Anorexia nervosa and bulimia
- Premature ovarian insufficiency
Course participants will:
- Participate in discussion boards and evaluate women’s health cases.
- Receive access to relevant research/readings in the field.
- Access video presentations from experts in the field with the opportunity to replay.
- Participate in webinars with experts and professional colleagues.
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review.
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course.