Prosthodontic Problems? – Plan to Prevent Them!
- : Online
Every clinician aims to provide the best dental treatment for their patients in a predictable manner resulting in the least amount of problems. However, at times we provide the right treatment for the wrong clinical situation, resulting in a clinical failure.
This presentation will cover a wide range of topics including tooth assessment, patient assessment, aesthetic assessment, occlusion assessment, parafunction management, bridge design and material selection; all of which are important factors to help you identify the risk factors which could result in premature failure, then plan your treatment with long-term success in mind.Course Topics:
- Tooth assessment.
- Patient assessment.
- Occlusion demystified.
- Management of dental parafunction (diurnal and nocturnal).
- Which occlusal splint should you use?
- How to improve composite shade matching?
- Crown preparation and bridge design.
- Post and core selection.
- When to use what ceramic?
- To improve risk factor analysis with a better understanding of tooth assessment, patient assessment as a whole, occlusion and parafunction assessment.
- To improve treatment planning utilising a visualised outcome approach, with a better understanding of post and core selection, ceramic selection, bridge design, occlusal splint selection and management of parafunction.
Would you like to reduce your restorative complications or failures? If so, then this is the right course for you. In this one-day presentation Dr Ben Lee will cover a wide range of topics aimed to identify risk factors before treatment and to better treatment plan to reduce your clinical failures.About the Presenter:
Dr Ben Lee completed his MDSc in Prosthodontics from the University of Sydney. During this time, he was given the Young Prosthodontist Award by The International College of Prosthodontists.
Dr Lee is the past president of the Australian Prosthodontic Society (NSW) and Australian Asian Association of Dentists. He is a mentor for implant diploma courses offered by the University of Sydney, University of Melbourne and Charles Sturt University.
In addition to being a visiting honorary Clinical Lecturer at the University of Sydney and a frequent presenter for Nobel Biocare, Ben frequently presents on the topic of dental implants and fixed prosthodontics. As a Prosthodontist, Ben works full-time in his referral based specialist centre in Chatswood, Sydney with particular interest in the surgical and restorative aspects of dental implant treatment.