This is a Promoted Post!
PTSD: A wound of mind and body
- : Chatswood NSW 2067
The PTSD Initiative is world-first published research into the long-term physical impacts of PTSD. It is hoped this module will arm GPs with new strategies to better identify the signs and symptoms of PTSD, which affects one in twenty Australians.
Upon completion of this module the participant should achieve the following learning objectives:
- Know the prevalence rates of PTSD among the general population and Australian military veterans and the issues relevant to this sub-group.
- Know the signs and symptoms of PTSD and methods for screening and assessment.
- Understand the criteria for diagnosis of PTSD, including differential diagnoses.
- Recognise the cluster of psychological and physical comorbidities associated with PTSD.
- Understand the role of general practitioners in identifying and caring for people with PTSD.
The PTSD Initiative is supported by the Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation in partnership with RSL (Queensland Branch).
|PTSD: A wound of mind and body - education|
|PTSD: A wound of mind and body - evaluation|