This is a Featured Course!
PTSD: A wound of mind and body
- : Chatswood NSW 2067
Duration: 1 hour
Overview: A recent large-scale Australian study showed that GPs have a significant role in managing PTSD and its associated physical and mental comorbidities. This module provides an update for identifying and treating this symptom complex, which affects one in twenty Australians.
Upon completion of this module you will:
- Know the prevalence rates of PTSD among the general population and Australian military veterans and the issues relevant to this sub-group.
- Know the signs and symptoms of PTSD and methods for screening and assessment.
- Understand the criteria for diagnosis of PTSD, including differential diagnoses.
- Recognise the cluster of psychological and physical comorbidities associated with PTSD.
- Understand the role of general practitioners in identifying and caring for people with PTSD.