This is a Promoted Post!
Recognising and managing Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia (BPSD) and physical comorbidities in dementia
- : Newcastle NSW 2300
This education outlines the Behavioural & Psychological Symptoms of dementia and explores the ABC (Antecedent, Behaviour, Consequence) system of assessing the patient with dementia. Examples of plans for management of BPSD are provided and both non pharmacological and pharmacological modalities discussed. Comorbid conditions associated with dementia are listed and the recommendations for the management of these discussed.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe Behavioural & Psychological Symptoms (BPSD) and how they may present.
- Address BPSD and carer issues related to these behaviours.
- Explain the treatment options for the various behaviours.
- Describe the non-pharmacological and pharmacological options available to treat BPSD and the indications for both.
- Ensure patient safety by developing appropriate management plans for patients with dementia who develop BPSD.