Reporting Abuse and Serious Incidents in Aged Care for Nurses and Midwives
This elder abuse and neglect training course has been developed to provide caregivers with the tools to identify the signs and symptoms of abuse or neglect, and how to take action when abuse or neglect is identified. This course also looks at the risk factors for older people, including those living independently whether in home care or in an assisted living facility.
This course is suitable for caregivers and other healthcare professionals who provide care to older people in Australia. This course is designed to form a part of a healthcare organisation’s duty of care and elder abuse training.
This online course provides caregivers and other healthcare professionals with the following training.
- A background to and the definitions and prevalence of the abuse of older people in Australia.
- The types of abuse most commonly experienced by older people.
- Requirements for the reporting of abuse of an older person in your care.
- Roles and responsibilities of staff around the abuse of a person in their care.
- Barriers to staff reporting suspected and actual abuse.
- Actions to take if there is imminent threat to an older person.