Respectful Behaviour in the Workplace
This Mandatory Training Module will help you explore the issue of behaving respectfully - especially when you are at work. The expectation is that you will be able to apply insights gained to your practice.
- Workplace culture
- Bullying and harassment
- Leadership and safety
- Zero tolerance
- Recognise factors that contribute to poor workplace culture
- Describe a respectful workplace
- Be more aware of how you contribute to a respectful workplace
This module is intended for staff commencing employment at any level in the healthcare sector.
Validation of learning:
- A card or letter from a patient thanking you for your care
- A reflective, de-identified story about how you have implemented your learning
- An appraisal that demonstrates that you have contributed to a respectful workplace
This material was developed by the content expert listed below. It is presented by a professional presenter.
Dr Andrew Crowther is adjunct associate professor in nursing and the former associate head of the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health at Charles Sturt University. His postgraduate studio includes education, state policy and social change, and mental hospital administration. Andrew qualified in general and psychiatric nursing in the UK. His postgraduate studies include policy and social change and historical aspects of mental hospital management. Andrew has wide experience in clinical nursing, nurse management, and education. He is the author of a book for nurse managers, as well as several texts and book chapters on a variety of topics. See Educator Profile