SAFETY IN ACUPUNCTURE AND DRY NEEDLING
- : Online
The Safety in Acupuncture and Dry Needling Course is at Foundation level aligned to the Competence Framework.
A physiotherapy practitioner at this level can independently manage a range of clients with uncomplicated presentations in this area of practice, they can establish the client’s goals and deliver safe and effective management. It would suit physiotherapists:
- commencing post entry-level development with an interest in this area of practice
- seeking to re-enter the workforce or returning to this area after an absence
- who are currently practicing and moving into this area who are expected to perform at this level
This course comprises six eLearning modules and an online assessment focusing on clinical safety in the context of acupuncture and dry needling in physiotherapy practice.
Topics include: Training Standards, Principles of Safe Practice, Management of High Risk Situations, Management of Adverse Events, Methods of Reducing the Spread of Infection, Notation Guidelines, Practical Considerations, and Additional Guidelines: Traditional Chinese Techniques.Presenters
- Leigh McCutcheon: B.App.Sc. (Physio) Grad. Cert. (Orth Manip Ther) Post Grad Dip (Acupuncture) Master (Musculoskeletal)
- Paula Raymond Yacoub: B Phty, Acup Cert (APA) M Clin Prac
- Tristan Chai: B. Phty, Masters (Acupuncture)