Seizure disorders in children and adolescents - how GPs can support the family
- : Perth WA 6000
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
This education describes GP management of seizure disorders in children and adolescents. While management of seizures in this population remains primarily a specialist responsibility, GPs can play a crucial role in identifying seizures, organising prompt referral, supporting medication management and providing support to families through provision of team-based, patient-centred care.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify some of the seizure disorders occurring children and adolescents.
- Understand the management of febrile seizures.
- Describe the diagnostic pathway for epilepsy in children and adolescents.
- Understand the key principles of medication management in epilepsy.
- Implement team-based, patient-centred care for epilepsy.
- Ensure patient safety is met by describing the particular challenges that epilepsy poses to adolescents, girls of childbearing age and the learning disabled.
This education was prepared by ThinkGP.
|Seizure disorders in children and adolescents - how GPs can support the family - education|
|Seizure disorders in children and adolescents - how GPs can support the family - evaluation|