Signs and Symptoms of Uraemia
Ausmed Explains... Signs and Symptoms of Uraemia
Signs and symptoms of the uraemic effects on the body:
- Neurological system: this would be apathy, lethargy, impaired cognition, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, a decreased level of consciousness and even seizures and coma.
- Respiratory system: pulmonary oedema, pleuritis and Kussmaul’s respirations.
- Cardiovascular system: oedema, hypertension and coronary artery disease.
- Gastrointestinal system: anorexia, nausea and vomiting, gastroenteritis, abdominal pain, hiccups or peptic ulcers.
- Renal system: oliguria, proteinuria, haematuria, nucturia and anuria.
Learn more at: https://www.ausmed.com/cpd/courses/renal-deterioration