SKIN CANCER MEDICINE (ONLINE)
- : Online
Skin cancer is one of the most common dermatological conditions seen in general practice – and it is not overly complex to manage if you have the right skill set. This certificate course has been specifically designed for time-poor general practitioners wishing to acquire the knowledge required to safely and confidently diagnose and treat commonly encountered skin lesions.
This course is the first part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine, Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine and Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine.
The course provides training in skin cancer medicine and teaches various techniques allowing GPs to treat more complex cases in the primary care setting. Course participants can choose to complete the course entirely online or with an optional practical workshop.
- Skin anatomy and histology
- Diagnosis with dermoscopy
- Benign and malignant skin lesions
- Melanoma management
- Punch and shave biopsies*
- Elliptical excisions and suturing*
- Topical treatment options
- Workflow and Medicare billing
Start your online studies anytime and complete the eight modules at your own pace. The video lectures cover clinical theory, demonstrations of procedures and case study discussions and are set up in such a way that you are not required to be online at specific times but can view and replay the video lectures at your convenience. Exam extensions available to suit your busy schedule.
LIVE WEB TUTORIALS
Reinforce your learning and ask any questions you might have in four interactive webinars with the presenters, covering real patient case discussions and additional video demonstrations of procedures that you can follow along in your office or home. The tutorials offer the opportunity to join and interact with the presenters online in real-time and can also be reviewed later.
To cement your knowledge, attend an optional practical workshop available at select locations across Australia. The workshops offer the ideal opportunity to apply theory in practice and are delivered in a small group setting with demonstrations and hands-on skills practice of various procedures on pork parts and simulated models under expert supervision and guidance.
For your one-off investment, you will receive unlimited access to all course content, additional learning materials, ongoing post-course support and more.
- Online pre-course activity to be completed in your own time.
- Eight online video modules to be viewed, replayed and completed at your convenience.
- All presentation slides and further learning materials available for permanent access and download.
- Instruments and consumables for practical sessions in the optional practical workshop.
- Post-course online assessment to be completed in your own time within six months of the cohort.
- Ongoing post-course support in monthly webinars with the opportunity to discuss cases with course presenters.
- Access to the HealthCert Alumni Portal with additional free learning opportunities, special offers and other benefits.
AVAILABLE FULLY ONLINE OR WITH PRACTICAL WORKSHOP
FULLY ONLINE –START STUDIES ANYTIME
JOIN COHORT 3
SPECIAL RATES AND PAYMENT OPTIONS
*The individual offers and special rates cannot be used in conjunction with any other specials.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
Your course instructors are widely regarded as leading specialists in skin cancer medicine and business management. The optional practical workshops will be led by esteemed practitioners and surgical assistants in the respective location.
Prof David Wilkinson
MBChB MSc MD PhD DSc MRCP FRACGP FACRRM FAFPHM
Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Engagement, Macquarie University
Dr Hamilton Ayres
BA, BSc, BMBS, FRACGP
Skin Cancer Doctor, National Skin Cancer Centres, Monash
Dr Simon Clark
MBChB FRCPA Specialist
Honorary Lecturer in Pathology, The University of Queensland
Mr Paul Elmslie
Founder and CEO of HealthCert International
Mr Matt Woollard
Chief Operations Officer, National Skin Cancer Centres
In order to meet the requirements of professional and academic learning, the course assessment includes a professional requirement and two online examinations.
- Develop a report/explanation of how you will use the learning from this course in your professional work.
- 88 knowledge questions based on a scenario of a medical practitioner undertaking special interest training.
- 11 per module
Example: The medical practitioner believes that 10% of the population … Is he correct? Yes/No
- 11 per module
- 100 Three-Point Checklist authentic clinical and dermoscopic images multiple choice questions – decide if each benign or suspicious (there is also a practice exam for the Three-Point Checklist where you can see the answers immediately).
The knowledge-based examination is worth 50 per cent and the application-based examination is worth 50 per cent. The overall pass mark is 80 per cent. It is therefore not possible to pass this course on knowledge alone. Knowledge must be successfully applied to patient cases in order to pass the course.
RACGP CPD Accredited Activity 40 Points
- PDP Units: 35 Educational activity, 16 Performance review
This certificate course:
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PDP points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses
endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Dubai. The number of CPD points must be stated on the certificate. Please contact PLDdhcr.gov.ae for more information.
- Is a self-submitted activity in the UK. CPD events overseas, applicable to a doctor’s scope of practice, may be submitted for revalidation. Please confirm with your Responsible Officer.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Canada through the College of Family Physicians of Canada. Category 1 points are reported as certified and Category 2 points are reported as non-certified. Contact mainprocreditscfpc.ca for more information.
- Meets World Federation of Medical Education standards.
- Is recognised by the Skin Cancer Institute (SCI) and may be used as part of an application for Membership or Fellowship.
- Has been collaboratively designed with, and is annually reviewed by, Professor David Wilkinson, Deputy Vice Chancellor at Macquarie University.
- Has been independently developed with subject specialists and does not receive education grants from any pharmaceutical company.
- Haemochromatosis: Preventing harm caused by iron o...
- Posted By ThinkGP
- Posted Date: 2020-10-14
- Haemochromatosis is the most common genetic disorder in Caucasian people of northern European
- Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme (DIAS) Sta...
- Posted By AGPAL & QIP Education and Training
- Posted Date: 2020-10-10
- Strengthen areas to reduce risk and provide strategies to improve patient and equipment safety.
- Culturally Relevant and Safe Healthcare
- Posted By AGPAL & QIP Education and Training
- Posted Date: 2020-10-09
- Designed to understand the role in providing culturally relevant, safe and appropriate services.
- Advanced Certificate of General Dermatology
- Posted By HealthCert International Pte Ltd
- Posted Date: 2020-10-07
- Increase your clinical knowledge, teach you how to assess more complex and rare cases.