STI management in general practice: Contact tracing
- : Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
This module is one part of a two-part series on STI management. To access the other module, click STI management in general practice: Key features
The educational activity discusses the role of general practitioners in contact tracing for STIs. The opportunities to initiate a discussion with patients are identified, advice provided in relation to the STIs for which contact tracing is recommended and methods to do this described. Options to assist patients with tracing sexual contacts are also described.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of general practice in sexually transmitted infection (STI) contact tracing
- Initiate STI contact tracing discussions with patients
- Utilise resources to support patients to undertake STI contact tracing
- Utilise sources of assistance, advice and support for STI contact tracing
This activity is sponsored by NSW STI Programs Unit.