- : Online
Stroke is also known as Cerebrovascular Accident or Brain Attack. Stroke is a medical emergency and occurs when blood flow to a part of the brain is stopped either by a blockage or the rupture of a blood vessel. When the blood flow to the brain is interrupted, brain cells start to die. This can cause serious symptoms, lasting disability, and even death.
Quick medical attention and treatment can save lives. It can also prevent more serious, long-lasting problems. People who are suffering a stroke must get immediate medical care.
This course will help the nurses to understand the ways to reduce the chances of death or disability while recognizing the signs of stroke and get immediate medical help.
- Recall the anatomy and physiology of nervous system.
- Know neurological assessment of a person.
- Understand what stroke is and what happens during a stroke.
- Recognise the warning signs of stroke and its diagnostic tests.
- Know the rapid response and follow the medical management.
- Analyse stroke alert protocol and comprehend various complications.
- Review nursing management, rehabilitation and after care.
- Identify stroke therapies.
- Understand prevention of stroke and appreciate health education.