The A-Z of Mastering Anterior Crowns
- : Online
Every patient seeking an aesthetic improvement is aesthetically demanding in one way or another . This is not only stressful but also technically challenging, even for an experienced clinician.
This course is designed to discuss all the critical steps involved to achieve a predictable crown restoration for an aesthetically demanding situation.Course Topics:
- Treatment planning and informed consent.
- Patient assessment and tooth assessment.
- Coronal build-up.
- Crown preparation Impression taking.
- Laboratory communication and crown material selection.
- Cementation (live patient demonstration).
- To understand the high risk factors for treatment and how to communicate these effectively to the patient.
- To be competent at assessing a suitable tooth to receive a crown restoration.
- To understand different post and core systems.
- To understand all critical steps of crown preparation, impression taking, provisionalisation and cementation.
- To become competent at taking 1-step and 2-step impressions via hands-on exercise.
- To understand what information the dental laboratory requires to achieve the restoration that you and your patient envision.
Dr Ben Lee completed his MDSc in Prosthodontics from the University of Sydney. During this time, he was given the Young Prosthodontist Award by The International College of Prosthodontists.
Dr Lee is the past president of the Australian Prosthodontic Society (NSW) and Australian Asian Association of Dentists.
In addition, being a visiting honorary Clinical Lecturer at the University of Sydney, Dr Lee frequently presents on the topic of dental implants and fixed prosthodontics.
As a Prosthodontist, Dr Lee works full-time in his referral based specialist practice in Chatswood, Sydney with particular interest in surgical and restorative implant prosthodontics.