The timely diagnosis of dementia
- : Geebung QLD 4034
This education is accredited: RACGP 40 CPD, ACRRM 30 CME PD.
This activity is closing 22 September 2017.
If you have already commenced this activity, you are able to access it until 22 September 2017 to complete it.
Once you have completed this ALM, please contribute to the discussion forum for this activity.
This activity discusses the assessment and investigation of the patient who presents with cognitive impairment. The various presentations and their associated comorbidities are discussed, as are the examination, laboratory and radiology investigations required to make a diagnosis of dementia and to differentiate between the various types of dementias.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Implement early diagnosis and treatment of people with dementia within a primary care setting.
- Discuss the measures to reduce known risk factors that impact on developing dementia.
- Apply with confidence and interpret the assessment tools, and appreciate the current role of neuroimaging.
- Understand the behavioural changes in patients with dementia.
- Refer to Alzheimer’s Australia and other community bodies in support of carers.
- Recognise dementia in the context of both social and medical condition.
- Assist and advise families / carers with future planning for the patient with dementia.
- Ensure patient safety by improving the team approach to the assessment and management of early dementia.
You will need the latest version of Flash to participate in this activity - you can download the latest version here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Supported by Dementia Training Australia and Alzheimers Australia.
This education was prepared by Dr Claire Berman, Dr John Crimmins and Dr Allan Shell (DCRC).
|The timely diagnosis of dementia - predisposing activity|
|ALM - The timely diagnosis of dementia - module 1 of 6|
|ALM - The timely diagnosis of dementia - module 2 of 6|
|ALM - The timely diagnosis of dementia - module 3 of 6|
|ALM - The timely diagnosis of dementia - module 4 of 6|
|ALM - The timely diagnosis of dementia - module 5 of 6|
|ALM - The timely diagnosis of dementia - module 6 of 6|
|The timely diagnosis of dementia - reinforcing activity|
|The timely diagnosis of dementia - evaluation|