This is a Promoted Post!
ThinkGP Live 1 day ALM Series - Mastering Heart Failure Newcastle
- : Newcastle NSW 2300
Chronic Heart Failure is a chronic condition that has major health impacts on your patients. Optimal management of ambulatory CHF patients in the general practice setting has been shown to reduce the rate of hospitalisation and death, and the role of general practice team in managing this burdensome disease will become even more central as the population ages.
Join us for this impactful, practical 1 day Active Learning Module designed to bring GPs fully up to date with the latest evidence-based recommendations for the diagnosis and management of CHF, with a practical twist!
Benefits of attending:
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of CHF, particularly the non-specific symptoms of early CHF that are common in general practice
- Know how to investigate suspected CHF in order to reach an accurate diagnosis and to determine cause – both critical for optimal management
- Understand the rationale and current recommendations for the various pharmacological options for CHF, with a focus on prescribing that will help keep your patients out of hospital
- Appreciate the importance of non-pharmacological management of CHF, and the role of nurse-led education and intervention to encourage self-management
- Know how to develop general-practice models of care that aim to improve outcomes for CHF patients
- Learn practical steps to implement a GP Care plan in partnership with a wider team to ensure both best practice and relevance
- Enjoy practical sessions on Care plans and interpretation of the Echocardiogram
- Earn 40 RACGP or 30 ACRRM points