This is a Featured Course!
ThinkGP Live Sydney: Respiratory - Acute & Chronic Disease Management
- : Manly NSW 2095
Dive into the diagnostic and practical skills required within the confines of the GP's surgery for the diagnosis and management of a variety of respiratory disorders. This ALM aims to teach and reinforce the skills and knowledge required to diagnose and manage COPD as well as some common acute respiratory conditions. Interactive and practical, this workshop will help GPs to hone their knowledge of various treatment options and diagnostic tools.
- Learn how to perform a range of practical procedures for diagnosis and management of respiratory disorders.
- Assess and apply appropriate techniques for inhaled delivery medicines.
- Understand how to perform practice based procedures for differential diagnoses diagnosing and assessing a range of respiratory presentations.
- Implement management plans for patient recall & follow up of patients to ensure appropriate after care & monitoring.
- ALM CPD Points (Cat 1 RACGP)
- Increased knowledge of inhaler devices
- Great understanding across a variety of respiratory conditions
8:00am Registration and Refreshment
8:30am - 10:30am COPD - Dr Peter Piazza, Lung Foundation Australia
New managements in COPD re medication-maintaining adherence and effectiveness
Non pharmacological therapies - rehab/O2 etc
Managing exacerbations of COPD
10:30am - 11:00am Morning Tea
11:00am - 1:00pm Asthma - Dr Peter Piazza, Lung Foundation Australia
Managing an acute attack in the surgery
Current management strategies
Informing the patient/carer and implementing an asthma plan
1:00pm - 1:45pm Lunch
1:45pm - 3:45pm Acute Respiratory Disease - Dr Belinda Cochrane, Lung Foundation Australia
Common Infectious Respiratory Disease in childhood
Acute respiratory disease in adults
3:45pm - 4:30pm Afternoon Tea
Register here - http://bit.ly/2dxDs5b