Trauma Refresher Skills Course
- : Online
Facilitated by experienced inter-professional emergency medicine clinicians, participants will have the opportunity to refresh their skills in the management of the critically ill trauma patient.
Consolidating the crucial principles in trauma management through skills interactive case discussions, participants will practice and hone their skills in essential trauma procedures including vascular access, chest drain insertion skills stations, bringing it all together in immersive simulation scenarios.
Total lecture hours:
Personal study hours:
Total contact hours:
We will be using a flipped classroom model to cover some theory prior to participants attending on the day. We will also ask them to self reflect on their personal learning needs in relation to the management of the critically ill trauma patient.
Our participants will be asked to reflect on how they apply course learning into their current clinical practice.
- Display a structured approach to the critically ill trauma patient and initiate simultaneous resuscitation
- Revise and consolidate crucial trauma management principles
- Practice and enhance skills in essential trauma procedures such as plastering, suturing, vascular access and chest drain insertion
- Demonstrate an understanding of the critical aspects in burns management
- Recognise the unique clinical challenges in the assessment and management of trauma in special populations
- Review aspects of crisis resource management, initiate effective communication amongst the resuscitation team and identify barriers to a successful resuscitation
- Apply, practice and consolidate acquired skills and knowledge in high fidelity simulation sessions throughout the course.