Understanding Ebola Virus Disease
- : Online
The Understanding Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) learning program is designed to provide a fundamental education on the basics of EVD—the history of the disease, its effect on the body, and how to recognize the disease and provide supportive care. The program begins with an overview of the history and epidemiology of EVD, followed by a discussion of the Ebola virus, its pathogenesis, and its mechanisms of transmission. Finally, you will learn about the clinical presentation, diagnosis, and treatment of the disease.
Upon completion of this learning program, you will be able to::
- Outline the origins and history of Ebola virus disease outbreaks.
- Describe the properties of Ebola viruses
- Describe the pathogenesis of Ebola virus disease.
- Recall the methods of transmission for Ebola virus.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of Ebola virus disease.
- Recall how Ebola virus disease is diagnosed.
- Describe the supportive measures and experimental treatments for Ebola virus disease.