Understanding the Anatomy of the Cardiovascular System
- : Online
The Understanding the Anatomy of the Cardiovascular System learning program is designed as an introduction to the main structural features of the elaborate system that delivers oxygen and nutrients to the body’s tissues. This program begins with a description of the heart, including its chambers, muscles, valves, and blood vessels. It then explores the structure of the different types of blood vessels that transport blood throughout the body, including arteries, veins, and capillaries. Finally, the program systematically reviews the major arteries and veins that service each main section of the human body.
Upon completion of this learning program, you will be able to::
- Summarize the roles of the components of the cardiovascular system.
- Describe the structural features of the heart.
- Identify the different types of blood vessels.
- Recall the organization of the major arteries.
- Recall the organization of the major veins.