Understanding the Physiology of the Cardiovascular System
- : Online
The Understanding the Physiology of the Cardiovascular System is designed as an introduction to the main processes of the elaborate system that delivers oxygen and nutrients to the body’s tissues. This program begins with an overview of the functions of different components of blood. It then details the functions of the heart, including the cycle of the heartbeat, signals that coordinate the heartbeat, and cardiac output. Other important cardiovascular processes are also covered, such as hemodynamics, blood pressure regulation, and circulatory shock.
Upon completion of this learning program, you will be able to::
- Describe the functions of blood components.
- Explain the processes of the cardiac cycle.
- Describe the factors affecting cardiac output.
- Outline the circulatory routes of the body.
- Describe the factors affecting blood pressure and blood flow.
- List the different types of circulatory shock.