This course has been developed to provide the learner with an understanding of the warden’s role in the workplace, as well as emergency preparation, prevention and readiness.
The course has been designed to provide training for wardens and floor or area wardens. A warden is any employee who is a member of the emergency control organisation who has undertaken a warden training course.
This means that if you are a warden in your organisation, this course will provide you with sufficient training to respond safely and quickly to workplace emergencies.
This course will provide an understanding of:
- what emergencies are and how people behave during emergencies
- emergency preparation and prevention, including the need to identify and control hazards
- the roles within and responsibilities of the emergency control organisation (ECO)
- fire protection systems
- how to respond in the event of an active armed offender emergency
- how to respond safely to an emergency and assist other occupants, and
- warden roles before, during and after an emergency.
Endorsed by the NSCA Foundation.
The NSCA Foundation endorses this course as meeting its standards for educational quality and usability with the content having been developed by an appropriately credentialed subject matter expert.