What works and what doesn't in smoking cessation. Patients and Experts Tell All!
WHY ATTEND THIS WEBINAR
- One Australian dies from a tobacco-related cause every 25 minutes.
- On average, your patients who smoke will die 10 years earlier than non-smokers.
- Most smokers want to quit!
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Learn from experts
This live interactive webinar brings together 3 experts on smoking cessation – a GP, Nurse and Pharmacist – to share with you exactly how they help patients quit smoking.
Learn from patients
We collected questions from about 100 healthcare professionals that they would like to ask smokers and successful quitters and share what patients report does and does not work in smoking cessation.
- Survey Results: Patients answers to healthcare professionals’ questions
- Latest changes to smoking cessation recommendations
- Smoking Cessation – The Big Picture
- How the experts prescribe nicotine replacement therapy
- Medication myths and troubleshooting treatments
- Audience Q & A
Learning objectives: Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- List recent changes to recommendations in the RACGP “Supporting smoking cessation: a guide for health professionals”
- Explain the rationale behind the changes in the smoking cessation recommendations
- Assess a patient’s need for and tailor pharmacotherapy based on the Pharmacotherapy Treatment Algorithm
- Implement a system in practice to identify patients who smoke
- Offer patients who smoke advice and treatment (or referral), including continued follow-up towards successful long-term cessation.
Independent Medical Education
This programme was supported by an independent educational grant from Pfizer Global Medical Grants. Pfizer had no influence on the content or involvement in the development of the programme or the selection of faculty
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners:
- 2 CPD points
- Activity no. 230146
Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine:
- 1 Educational activity hour
- Activity ID. 21386
Australian College of Nursing:
- This webinar is endorsed by ACN according to our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Endorsed Course Standards. It has been allocated 1 CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standard
- First use of Creatine Hydrochloride in Premanifest...
- Posted By Doctorportal Learning
- Posted Date: 2020-10-06
- Understand of treatment outcomes with creatine hydrochloride