WOMEN’S HEALTH WORKSHOP
- : Melbourne VIC 3004
This 1 day workshop has been designed to address those challenges and to explore in particular, the gendered, ethnic, and cultural or class dimensions that underlie the patterning of disease with special attention to understanding of physical, psychosocial and cultural factors impacting on these conditions to facilitate quality women’s general practice healthcare.Workshop Structure
It comprises of two modules
2. Clinical teaching
In the first half of the day, there would be interactive learning and discussions about common women’s health issues. This would be followed by clinical teaching sessions including Women’s sensitive examination and Implanon insertion. These clinical sessions are specially designed to develop practical assessment skills of the participants.
- This workshop not only helps prepare a doctor for the work place challenges but also plays a role in making them a safe clinician by helping them in recognizing the conditions that need immediate attention and urgent intervention.
- It help doctors in responding to the particular health needs of women associated with their social roles , responsibilities and position and reproductive health needs
- Enhances and polishes the clinical skills
- Provides awareness on different cancer screening programs
At the completion of this workshop participants would be expected to have gained further knowledge on the following:
- Well women assessment
- Cancer screening
- Violence against Women
- Sensitive examinations including breast examination, pelvic examinations
- Pap smear
- Implanon insertion
On attending the Women’s Health workshop you will receive a certificate of attendance.