Work health and safety: Hazardous manual tasks
- : Online
Hazardous manual tasks are the most common cause of workplace injuries in Australia. Healthcare workers are regularly asked to perform manual tasks as part of their routine practice.
The purpose of this module is to provide an overview of hazardous manual tasks and prepare health professionals to identify, assess and control the risks associated with performing these tasks in healthcare environments.
At the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Define musculoskeletal disorders and hazardous manual tasks
- Understand the characteristics of hazardous manual tasks
- Identify tasks that may be considered high risk for musculoskeletal injury
- Assess the risks associated with hazardous manual tasks
- Explain how to control the risk and prevent an injury associated with hazardous manual tasks