Advanced Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management
The Advanced Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management covers the role of therapeutic diets in the treatment of chronic illnesses and other nutritional disorders, highlighting the principles of the nutrition care process as applicable in a primary care setting. You will learn key nutrition assessment techniques and intervention strategies that will assist you in providing comprehensive health care to your patients. The course teaches how medical nutrition strategies can be implemented to improve patient outcomes in areas including pregnancy, diabetes, cancer, sport and cardiovascular nutrition.
This course is the second part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Medical Nutrition Management. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management, Advanced Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management and Professional Diploma of Medical Nutrition Management.
- Nutrition for fertility, pregnancy and lactation
- Patient centred weight management: non-diet approach
- Metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance
- Carbohydrates and diabetes
- Cardiovascular nutrition
- Gut microbiome: pre and probiotic treatments
- Nutrition management in cancer
- Sport nutrition for high performance
Course participants will:
- Have the opportunity to replay video lectures from medical experts
- Participate in discussion of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions
- All presentation slides available for download.
- Participate in course webinar prior to the examinations and ask questions
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review
- Have the opportunity to participate in optional clinical attachments at dedicated nutrition clinics