Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical)
Make your start in the health care industry as a Medical ReceptionistSupport patient health and contribute to business needs in the medical sector
The number of job openings for Receptionists, including positions available in the health sector, is expected to be high at a rate of over 50,000* by November 2019 according to the Australian Government’s Job Outlook. The Health Care and Social Assistance sectors contribute the largest share of employment for receptionists, at 51.6%. Administration business skills form a crucial part of the skills required by medical receptionists.
The Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) has been developed in consultation with industry professionals who have worked in Business Administration in the medical sector. This course equips you with the skills you need to support administrative functions in a range of health settings, including general practices, major hospitals and all manner of medical clinics, including optical and dental clinics.
This nationally recognised health administration certificate course teaches you effective customer service skills that will enable you to contribute to the effective running of a medical practice. You will learn how to prepare and process medical accounts, maintain patient records, work in a team environment and respond to workplace problems, changes and challenges. Combined with learning administrative business skills such as, how to organise schedules and deliver a high level of customer service, you will gain a solid understanding of how to work confidently in an administrative position in the health care sector.
With a Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical), you will be qualified to work as a Medical Receptionist, Administration Assistant or Office Junior in a range of health care facilities and industry settings. You will be responsible for undertaking a range of administrative business duties, including directing patient enquiries, scheduling appointments and assisting in a range of clerical duties to ensure the smooth running of a health care or medical facility.
This health administration course is delivered online only via Foundation Education’s innovative and interactive online learning platform, My eCampus. All course material and assignments can be easily accessed and submitted on My eCampus whenever and wherever suits you. Your study plan will be provided to you upon enrolment, which will be tailored specifically to your requirements and schedule, taking holidays, work and other commitments into consideration. This course has been designed to fit into your lifestyle and our dedicated support team will help you stay on track and confidently start your career in the health care industry.
- Australian Healthcare Week 2021 - 10th Annual
- Posted By Australian Healthcare Week
- Posted Date: 2021-01-21
- Location:Sydney NSW 2000
- No matter what role you play in healthcare, Australian Healthcare Week is the place to be this March
- PsyBA Supervisor Training Workshop
- Posted By Clinical Supervision Services
- Posted Date: 2021-01-07
- Expand on the topics covered in the on-line component reviewing PsyBA supervision requirements
- How to Thrive and Be Healthy in Your Health Career...
- Posted By HealthcareLink CPD
- Posted Date: 2020-12-17
- In order to thrive in our career as a Health Professional, we must have both hard & soft skills.
- Keeping the focus on healthcare worker wellbeing
- Posted By Safer Care Victoria (SCV)
- Posted Date: 2020-12-14
- Location:Melbourne VIC 3000
- As we discover our new normal, it’s important to look after our healthcare workers