Our flexible Graduate Diploma in Surgery will allow you to pursue your interests and develop knowledge and skills in surgical specialty areas as well as non-technical areas such as professionalism, leadership and research. It can also help you prepare for the GSSE.
100% online course delivery
This course is offered through our interactive online learning environment, giving you the flexibility to tailor your study schedule around your lifestyle.
All stream specific units are online, with the exception of microsurgery.
You may find however; a couple of electives do have a face-to-face component. These can be avoided depending on your individual preferences.
Why study with us?
- As a surgery student, you will learn from highly regarded clinicians and academics at the Sydney Medical School.
- We provide thoughtful, structured online learning that will influence your practice by enhancing your understanding of evidence-based medicine and improving your clinical decision making.
- Our course can help you prepare for the GSSE.
Who should study this course?
Medical graduates and surgical trainees who want to:
- Prepare for the RACS GSSE
- Enhance their CV for furture career opportunities.
- Acquire important and sought after knowledge and skills –valuable for an academic or teaching hospital career including basic subspecialty knowledge, critical thinking and critical appraisal.
Financing your studies
- You only pay for the units of study that you enrol in. This means you will be billed each semester and do not need to pay the entire course fee upfront.
- You may be eligible for FEE-HELP. This means your fee payment is deferred through a government loan.
- If your studies are related to your employment, out-of-pocket course fees may be tax-deductible. Find out more at the Australian Taxation Office.
Please note: this course is not a qualification to practise surgery.
- Faculty/University School: Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Credit points required: 36
- Course abbreviation: GradDipSurg
- USyd code: GNSURGER2000
- UAC code: N/A
- Study mode: Online/Intensive
- Study type: PGCW
- Location: N/A
- Graduate attributes
- Duration full time: 1 year
- Duration part time: 1.5 - 3 years
What you'll study
The Graduate Diploma in Surgery requires the completion of 36 credit points of units of study including:
- 6 credit points of research method selective units of study
- A minimum of 24 and maximum of 30 credit points of surgery selective units of study; and
- A maximum of 6 credit points of elective units of study.
The course can be studied full-time or part-time and is delivered mainly online with some units including an intensive face-to-face component.
- Graduate Diploma in Advanced Surgery (Breast Surge...
- Posted By The University of Sydney
- Posted Date: 2021-04-06
- Designed to provide with the latest knowledge of breast oncology and breast surgical and oncoplastic