Working in Teams
This Mandatory Training Module will help you find out about issues of working in teams.
- Explore exactly what makes a team
- How effective and enjoyable it can be to work in a team
- How team structures differ
- How teamwork optimises patient/client care
- Describe some characteristics of effective teams
- Involve yourself effectively within a team
- Be able to recognise - and when possible prevent - problems within your team
This module is intended for staff commencing employment at any level in the healthcare sector.
Validation of learning
- A card or letter from a patient thanking you for your care
- A reflective, de-identified story about how you have implemented your learning
- An appraisal that demonstrates your ability to work well in a team
This material was developed by the content expert listed below. It is presented by a professional presenter.Educator
Dr Andrew Crowther is adjunct associate professor in nursing and the former associate head of the School of Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health at Charles Sturt University. His postgraduate studio includes education, state policy and social change, and mental hospital administration. Andrew qualified in general and psychiatric nursing in the UK. His postgraduate studies include policy and social change and historical aspects of mental hospital management. Andrew has wide experience in clinical nursing, nurse management, and education. He is the author of a book for nurse managers, as well as several texts and book chapters on a variety of topics. See Educator Profile