Achieve your career and personal goals in a shorter amount of time
What's emotional intelligence?
90% of top performers have high Emotional Intelligence (EQ). It is widely considered an indicator of professional and personal performance and is considered one of the top soft skills to master.
EQ can generally be defined as understanding one's own emotions and the emotions of others. Having a high EQ means you are able to navigate through tough situations and engage with stakeholders much more effectively.
Unleash your full potential with Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
What’s in it for you?
- Understand the social neuroscience of emotions and EQ.
- Expand your knowledge of emotional patterns in yourself and others.
- Learn how to read body language and facial expressions.
- Understand how different cultures respond to and display emotions.
- Build more effective relationships with and outside of the workplace.
- Know how to influence others and become an inspiring leader.
- Learn tools to lead and motivate others to create a high performing team.
- Manage stress, overcome challenging situations and defuse conflict.
The 5 Components of Emotional Intelligence
Being a professional is not just meeting deadlines and spreadsheets. Building a cohesive team or acquiring that next client requires a human element. To go that extra step, you need the emotional intelligence to back you up. If we were to make things simple for you and sum up emotional intelligence to five components it would be:
It’s to be aware of yourself and understanding what shortcomings you have as a person. You are able to recognise the effect you have on others and you are open to constructive criticism.
Having the ability to express your emotions and control how you express them is underrated. Self-regulation means you can identify your emotions and communicate them constructively. You are calm in chaotic situations and can influence others positively.
Emotionally intelligent people are naturally self-motivated, and have a higher threshold for disappointments and failure.
It’s knowing the difference between listening to another’s story and actually putting yourself in their shoes to feel compassionate.
5. Social Skills
Emotional intelligence is key to good interaction with other people. People with high EQ exhibit great interpersonal skills and find it easy to maintain strong relationships.
These five components are essential to emotional intelligence and without empathy for others, you are still at a loss with your company in the long-run.
Who should learn about emotional intelligence?
Emotional intelligence is useful for anyone who leads or works with other people, no matter what size the organisation is. It is great for teamwork, customer service, and building relationships. The course is useful for anybody who wants to develop a better understanding of themselves and others to enhance personal and professional relationships.
When does the course run?
As soon as you buy the access, you can start right away. With the course being 100% online, you can access the lessons whenever and wherever you want. You will have one month to complete the full course (approx. 8 hrs), so you can learn at your own pace.
Module 1. Emotional Intelligence (EQ). What's that?
- The 5 competencies of emotional intelligence
- EQ v. IQ
- Why is emotional intelligence important in the workplace?
- The 9 types of intelligence
- Emotional intelligence assessment
Module 2. The Neuroscience of Emotional Intelligence
- Thoughts, emotions and behaviour cycle
- The Triune Brain Model
- Emotional neuroanatomy
- The purpose of emotions
- The 6 types of basic emotions and their effect on human behaviour
- The 3 key elements of emotion
- Emotions v. moods
- Theories of emotion
Module 3. Growing Your Self-awareness
- Emotional self-awareness
- Mindfulness techniques
- The Johari Window
- Tools to lead, motivate others and create a high performing team
Module 4. Know Your Emotions
- Making wise decisions
- Common negative emotions at work & strategies
- Stress management
- Building resilience
Module 5. Recognising Emotions in Others
- Understanding body language and facial expressions
- Body language mistakes you might be making
- Culture differences in body language
Module 6. Social Emotional Intelligence (SEI)
- Emotional social skills
- The power of empathy
- How to support people in emotional pain
- Influencing others & becoming an inspiring leader
- Having difficult conversations
- Increase your ability to create effective working relationships with others (peers, subordinates, managers and clients)
one-day EQ transformational workshop
'Techniques of High Impact' hinges on the latest advances and understanding about the working of our brain, especially how it processes information, creates thought and facilitates change by convening physical, emotional and mental connections.
add to your corporate social responsibility portfolio
Add to your corporate social responsibility portfolio, you are making a positive social impact! Your investment is directed to our programs help children and women in need.Learn more about our projects: Colouring Dreams and The Flight of the Butterflies.
the house to grow book
Tell us your honest thoughts of the course in a 2-minute video and earn yourself a soft copy of 'How to Create an Amazing Life'
- Telehealth consults for GP trainees
- Posted By General Practice Registrars Australia (GPRA)
- Posted Date: 2021-05-26
- Designed to provide you with tips and pitfalls on the use of telehealth.
- MHFA: Engaging Leaders
- Posted By PsychAssist Training
- Posted Date: 2021-05-17
- How leaders can support their employees who may be experiencing a mental health problem.
- HLT47315 – CERTIFICATE IV IN HEALTH ADMINISTRATI...
- Posted By Institute of Health & Nursing Australia (IHNA)
- Posted Date: 2021-05-17
- Produce competent, confident, critically thinking Health Administrators with a nationally accredited
- Certificate III in Business Administration (Medica...
- Posted By Foundation Education
- Posted Date: 2021-05-17
- Support patient health and contribute to business needs in the medical sector
- BSB31115 Certificate III in Business Administratio...
- Posted By Medical Administration Training (MAT)
- Posted Date: 2021-05-14
- Complete 10 modules that consist of 13 units of competency (two core and eleven elective units)