The aim of this program is to prevent the abuse and assault of elderly people by introducing you to (or refreshing your understanding of) your professional, ethical and legal requirements to prevent, recognise and report incidences of abuse and assault of an elderly person.Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this elder abuse program, participants will be able to:
- Nominate different forms of elder abuse.
- Briefly discuss the incidence of elder abuse in modern society.
- Identify risk factors for elder abuse.
- Appreciate the importance of mandatory reporting and the requirements of the healthcare worker to report suspected, alleged or confirmed physical or sexual abuse.
- Outline your responsibilities in preventing and reporting elder abuse.
- Recognise signs and symptoms that may indicate that abuse or assault of an elderly person is occurring.
- Identify preventative measures that can be applied to minimise the risk of abuse or assault of older people.
This important online nurse education program is suitable for enrolled nurses and registered nurses who require their CPD (continuing professional development).