This module is designed to reinforce knowledge of fire safety and awareness. It does not replace participation in local facility fire preparedness training or routine fire drills.
The module provides a good overview of all the necessary elements of fire safety in the workplace.
This module explains what to do in the event of a fire, what techniques to use on different types of fires, and the correct method to manage or extinguish a small fire in the workplace. It also discusses the use of fire hose reels and fire safety blankets. Finally, it outlines the circumstance in which the safest option is to evacuate and call for emergency assistance.
At the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of fire and fire extinguishment.
- Be able to select the appropriate fire extinguisher to manage a particular fire.
- Be able to identify the types and locations of fire extinguishers/reels/blankets used in the workplace.
- Understand how to use a fire extinguisher safely
- Understand how to use a hose reel safely.
- Understand how to use a fire blanket safely.