Alprazolam: Indications, dosage and adverse effects
Alprazolam is an important drug in treating anxiety and panic disorders, however it comes with known risks that can have significant adverse effects on a person using the medication, including dependence.
Unfortunately it has also become a highly sought after drug for elicit use. For this and other reasons, it is a schedule 8 drug in Australia.
This is a brief module that outlines the indications, dosage, precautions, adverse effects and special precautions in the use of alprazolam.
At the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Know why alprazolam is a schedule 8 drug.
- Understand the indications for prescribing alprazolam.
- Know the dosages for alprazolam.
- Know the precautions and adverse effects associated with alprazolam.
- Understand the special considerations for prescribing and use of alprazolam