Foundation Training for Doctors / Professional capabilities 11: Obtains history, performs clinical examination, formulates differential diagnosis and management plan
The aim of this micro skills course is to explore the terms psychosis and schizophrenia, as well as to describe the pathophysiology, causes, signs and symptoms and basic therapeutic management of psychosis and schizophrenia.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the causes of psychosis
- Identify the various symptoms of psychosis
- Describe the epidemiology, clinical presentation and diagnosis of schizophrenia
- Summarise the different treatment options for schizophrenia