Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery
Surgery is still considered the most effective and definitive skin cancer treatment. The Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery is ideal for doctors with a special interest in skin cancer surgery. Delivered by noted skin cancer doctors and a team of experienced GPs, the program covers surgical procedures for the nose and the lower limb, reconstruction of alar and sidewall nasal defects, reconstruction of the nasal tip and glabellar defects, skin grafts and flaps for the lower limb.
This course is the third part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery, Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery and Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery.
The course provides advanced training in skin cancer surgery, allowing GPs to manage more complex cases in the primary care setting. Course participants can choose to complete the course entirely online or with an optional practical workshop.
- Neurovascular island flaps*
- Bilobed flaps*
- Banner and rhomboid flaps*
- V-Y flaps*
- Lip wedges*
- Periorbital defects*
- Case presentations
All topics are covered online and during the web live tutorials. *These topics are also covered during the hands-on practical sessions in the optional skills workshop.
The Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery comprises of three parts, featuring 1) flexible online learning at your own pace, 2) interactive live web tutorials with additional content and demonstrations of procedures as well as 3) an optional small group practical workshop.
Start your online studies anytime and complete the eight modules at your own pace. The video lectures cover clinical theory, demonstrations of procedures and case study discussions and are set up in such a way that you are not required to be online at specific times but can view and replay the video lectures at your convenience. Exam extensions available to suit your busy schedule.
LIVE WEB TUTORIALS
Reinforce your learning and ask any questions you might have in four interactive webinars with the presenters, covering real patient case discussions and additional video demonstrations of procedures that you can follow along in your office or home. The tutorials offer the opportunity to join and interact with the presenters online in real-time and can also be reviewed later.
To cement your knowledge, attend an optional practical workshop available at select locations across Australia. The workshops offer the ideal opportunity to apply theory in practice and are delivered in a small group setting with demonstrations and hands-on skills practice of various procedures on pork parts and simulated models under expert supervision and guidance.
For your one-off investment, you will receive unlimited access to all course content, additional learning materials, ongoing post-course support and more.
- Online pre-course activity to be completed in your own time.
- Eight online video modules to be viewed, replayed and completed at your convenience.
- All presentation slides and further learning materials available for permanent access and download.
- Instruments and consumables for practical sessions in the optional practical workshop.
- Post-course online assessment to be completed in your own time within six months of the cohort.
- Ongoing post-course support in monthly webinars with the opportunity to discuss cases with course presenters.
- Access to the HealthCert Alumni Portal with additional free learning opportunities, special offers and other benefits.
CHOOSE DATE AND DELIVERY FORMAT
AVAILABLE FULLY ONLINE OR WITH PRACTICAL WORKSHOP
FULLY ONLINE – START STUDIES ANYTIME
JOIN COHORT 3
ONLINE + WORKSHOP IN BRISBANE
22 NOVEMBER 2020
14 MARCH 2021
15 AUGUST 2021
ONLINE + WORKSHOP IN SYDNEY
28 FEBRUARY 2021
12 SEPTEMBER 2021
ONLINE + WORKSHOP IN MELBOURNE
21 MARCH 2021
17 OCTOBER 2021
ONLINE + WORKSHOP IN PERTH
14 NOVEMBER 2021
SPECIAL RATES AND PAYMENT OPTIONS
*The individual offers and special rates cannot be used in conjunction with any other specials.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
Your course instructors are widely regarded as leading specialists in skin cancer surgery and business management. The optional practical workshops will be led by esteemed practitioners and surgical assistants in the respective location.
Dr Alister Lilleyman
MBBS, MMed (Skin Cancer), FSCCA
Senior Lecturer, The University of Queensland
Skin Cancer Doctor at Newcastle Skin Check, Charlestown NSW
Dr Anthony Azzi
MBBS, MMed (Skin Cancer)
Senior Lecturer, The University of Queensland
Director at Newcastle Skin Check, Charlestown NSW
Dr Victor Harling
Skin Cancer Doctor, National Skin Cancer Centres, Redcliffe
In order to meet the requirements of professional and academic learning, the course assessment includes professional requirements and two online examinations. There are no face-to-face requirements for exams which can be conveniently completed online within nine months of the start of the cohort.
- Develop a report/explanation of how the learning from this course will help you with your professional development.
- Complete a literature review of three articles nominated by the course chair.
- Complete a clinical audit (separately accredited) to demonstrate application of learning.
A clinical audit is a feature of this professional diploma. The audit will guide you to reflect on your patient management prior to and after increasing your knowledge and clinical management of skin cancer surgery. You will need to submit your own patient cases with images as part of the audit. The clinical audit is separately accredited.
- 120 knowledge multiple choice questions based on a scenario of a medical practitioner undertaking special interest training.
- 120 authentic scenario based questions based on cases of patient care at a clinic.
- Example: A patient arrives at your clinic with this problem … What should you do? Multiple choice images based on patient cases.
The pass mark for each exam is 80 per cent. It is therefore not possible to pass this course on knowledge alone. Knowledge must be successfully applied to patient cases in order to pass the course.
CERTIFICATION AND ACCREDITATION
Upon completion of all course requirements, you will receive the Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery certificate and below points.
RACGP CPD Accredited Activity 40 Points
- PDP units: 3 Educational activity, 12 Performance review
- MOPs points: 3
- 2 days under the Surgery Rural Procedural Training Grant
This certificate course:
- To gain QI&CPD points for this activity, GPs are to self-record their learning for QI&CPD recognition. For further information, please contact your state RACGP
- Provides PDP points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is a self-submitted activity with the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is a self-submitted activity with the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Dubai. The number of CPD points must be stated on the certificate. Please contact PLDdhcr.gov.ae for more information.
- Is a self-submitted activity in the UK. CPD events overseas, applicable to a doctor’s scope of practice, may be submitted for revalidation. Please confirm with your Responsible Officer.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Canada through the College of Family Physicians of Canada. Category 1 points are reported as certified and Category 2 points are reported as non-certified. Contact mainprocreditscfpc.ca for more information.
- Meets World Federation of Medical Education standards.
- Is recognised by the Skin Cancer Institute (SCI) and may be used as part of an application for Membership or Fellowship.
- Qualifies for a clinical attachment in France at the University of Lyon.
- Qualifies for a clinical attachment in Austria at the University of Vienna.
- Has been collaboratively designed with, and is annually reviewed by, Professor David Wilkinson, Deputy Vice Chancellor at Macquarie University.
- Has been independently developed with subject specialists and does not receive education grants from any pharmaceutical company.
Australia-based course participants, please note that HealthCert certificates are not accredited by TEQSA or ASQA and do not fall within the Australian Qualification Framework. All HealthCert certificates are professional development awards.
- CSANZ Virtual 2020
- Posted By The Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ)
- Posted Date: 2020-11-24
- Opportunity to review hundreds of scientific abstracts highlighting updates on the most critical top
- What works and what doesn't in smoking cessation. ...
- Posted By In Vivo Academy
- Posted Date: 2020-11-22
- Location:Online webinar
- What REALLY helps patients quit smoking?
- Haemochromatosis: Preventing harm caused by iron o...
- Posted By ThinkGP
- Posted Date: 2020-10-14
- Haemochromatosis is the most common genetic disorder in Caucasian people of northern European
- Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme (DIAS) Sta...
- Posted By AGPAL & QIP Education and Training
- Posted Date: 2020-10-10
- Strengthen areas to reduce risk and provide strategies to improve patient and equipment safety.