Community Health Occupational Therapist
- : RWAV (Rural Workforce Agency - Victoria)
- : 23-Sep-2018
- : Healesville VIC 3777
- Part-time with flexible hours
- Award rate as per EBA
- Salary packaging available
- Supervision and CPD available
- Career progression within teaching hospitals
- Friendly and supportive team with opportunities for community engagement
- Relocation grant provided by RWAV for eligible candidates.
An opportunity exists at Eastern Health’s Community Health Service in their brand new redeveloped site at Healesville Hospital and Yarra Valley Health, for a passionate and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist.
The successful applicant will have sound clinical knowledge and experience in assessing client function and safety within the home, prescribing home modifications and scooter assessments/training. You will be conducting clinical assessments within the client’s homes and have ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment.
In this role there will also be opportunities to engage with local community projects, the NDIS rollout and MyAgedCare implementation.
- Recognised tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Current AHPRA registration and eligibility for Occupational Therapy Australia membership
- High level of communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated capacity to work / show leadership in a multidisciplinary team and independently
- Experience in supervision of students and staff
- Demonstrated ability to introduce innovative practice
- Commitment to improving own practice through participating in supervision and undertaking quality and research activities
- Advanced clinical skills in managing a complex caseload using a client-centred approach.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the provision of occupational therapy services in the community, in particular assessment and prescription of home modifications (including associated building practices), wheelchairs, scooters, hoists and a variety of other assistive equipment
- Ability to promote service and liaise with existing and potential referral partners (internal and external)
- Experience in making application to funding bodies (e.g. SWEP)
- Demonstrated understanding of professional codes of conduct
- Sound computer skills
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
Eastern Health provides a comprehensive range of high quality acute, sub-acute, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care and community health services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age and socio-economic status. These services are provided both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Services and programs are supported by staff who possess an unparalleled commitment to patient care as well as teaching and research.
No Similar Jobs Found.