Dental hygienist / Oral health therapist
- : Smiles in Currambine
- : 16-Aug-2017
- : Currambine WA 6028
We are looking for an Oral Health therapist / dental hygienist to join our team. We would prefer someone with atleast 2 years of experience, but new graduates are welcome to apply as well. It is essential that the applicant is a team player with a down to earth and friendly personality. Being self- motivated and working under pressure would also be expected.
The primary duties for this position include:
- Undertaking oral health assessments including taking a health history, creating and maintaining dental charts, oral cancer screening, etc.
- Taking, processing and interpreting dental X-rays
- Making impressions of teeth for plaster study models and mouthguards
- Taking pictures of exterior and interior oral structures in order to document stages of treatment and outcomes
- Give anaesthetic injections to numb the teeth and gums before dental procedures
- Mechanically remove plaque and calculus (tartar) from above and below the gum line
- Polish teeth and dentures
- Undertake root planing for non-surgical periodontal therapy
- Put on and take off post-surgical dressings and take out sutures
- perform teeth whitening procedures
- Assist in prevention and control of dental caries by using appropriate Fluoride treaments and fissure sealants
- be able to process patient payments and book appointments.
No Similar Jobs Found.