Deputy Director Medical Services
- : HealthcareLink On-demand Support
- : 10-Oct-2017
- : Perth WA 6000
Job title: Deputy Director Medical Services
Location: Region of WA
Provide day to day operational management of medical services at the local Hospital and medical leadership for Coastal Hospitals to ensure safe clinical service delivery. Ensure and support Medical Clinical Governance at the Coastal Hospitals and participates in and leads continuous quality improvement within the Hospitals. Provide support to the Director Medical Services in implementing WACHS South West strategic directions and ensuring WACHS South West regional health network performance. Establish and maintain collaborative and functional relationships with Contracted Clinical Service providers to ensure seamless timely clinical care delivery.
There is plenty to enjoy in the beautiful coastal town. Explore Geographe Bay, the local caves, jetty; experience the wineries, restaurants and cafes; enjoy fresh local produce and a country lifestyle … all with no traffic snarls.
The South West is a great location for families with a number of well established private and public schools, with both university and TAFE facilities.
1. Eligible for registration by the Medical Board of Australia.
2. Recognised clinical experience and/or postgraduate qualifications commensurate with clinical duties and medical administration role.
3. Considerable experience in a senior management role in the health sector, preferably in a hospital environment.
4. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
5. Demonstrated excellent strategic management and planning skills.
6. Demonstrated experience in the application of continuous quality improvement principles including managing change and the implementation and evaluation of integrated clinical governance strategies.
7. Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Employment Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety and Health, Act, Freedom of Information and how these impact on employment and service delivery.
8. Current C or C-A class drivers licence. DESIRABLE
1. Postgraduate qualifications in health administration eg. FRACMA, FAFPHM, MBA, MHA, or progress towards their attainment.
2. Experience in liaising with private Visiting Medical Practitioners (VMPs) and government and non-government agencies.
No Similar Jobs Found.