Dietitian - Mount Isa
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 26-Mar-2018
- : Mount Isa QLD 4825
Dietitian - Mount Isa
Are you an experienced Dietitian looking to take on a new diverse and challenging opportunity?
Are you excited by the idea of living and working in a regional community and making a difference?
Join the leaders in the provision of community based allied and mental health, working in Western Queensland!
Highly attractive remuneration package inc. base salary of $72,811 - $92,140, travel subsidy, 5 weeks leave and negotiable relocation assistance!
About the organisation
Leaders in the delivery of community based aged care, allied health, wellbeing, disability and outreach services in remote Australia since 1993, this organisation harnesses the diversity, energy and professionalism of a large team of multidisciplinary health care professionals delivering comprehensive healthcare services in remote and indigenous communities across Australia.
This dynamic and evolving organisation continues to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and is a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Dietitian to join their Mount Isa team, on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will be responsible for applying the science of human nutrition to help people understand the relationship between food and health.
You'll help clients make appropriate dietary choices with the aim of attaining and maintaining health, as well as to prevent and treat illness and disease throughout the Mount Isa community. This will be achieved by:
- Instructing people on the importance of diet and the planning and preparation of food;
- Assisting clients with the planning and preparation of their meal intake;
- Planning, conducting and evaluating nutrition intervention programs and compiling educational material;
- Providing nutrition assessments, nutrition management and nutrition education, research and training; and
- Assisting health and community groups to improve the health of individuals and the community by raising awareness of healthy lifestyles, disease and disability, and other health-related issues.
They are is seeking a degree qualified Dietitian who holds current registration with DAA Australia. Ideally, you'll have experience working within a rural environment, however this is not essential. Applications will be accepted from both experienced and provisional Dietitians.
Your excellent oral and written communication skills will provide you with the foundation to effectively liaise with a range of customers, stakeholders and staff in a professional and respectful manner. Strong organisational and time management skills will also come in handy in this busy role.
This role will suit someone with an open mind, and a good degree of flexibility, who will welcome change and approach their work in a positive way. Importantly, you'll have the ability to work with a variety of people, including those of a diverse cultural background. Although not essential, experience working within Indigenous Health will be highly regarded.
Please note: Candidates will hold a current unencumbered driver's licence, have the unrestricted right to live and work in Australia, and be willing to travel frequently.
Why you'll love working in this organisation
Whether you are looking for a change of scenery, a new adventure or a chance to give back to the community, this is an opportunity to make a real and valuable contribution. Put your knowledge and experience to good use, whilst gaining invaluable regional health care experience.
This organisation is one of the largest health service providers in Mount Isa offering lots of career progression and development opportunities. And, with Team Leaders based locally and a friendly and welcoming team environment, you will always be well-supported.
The successful candidate will receive an attractive remuneration circa $72,811 - $92,140 (commensurate with your experience and qualifications) plus super.
In addition, a range of further benefits will be provided, including:
- Salary sacrificing options up to $15,900;
- 5 weeks annual leave;
- Leave loading of 17.5%;
- Travel subsidy; and
- Relocation assistance (negotiable).
Furthermore you will have access to ongoing professional development opportunities, with high level support from your Team Leader and colleagues.
If you're an experienced Dietition looking for a new rewarding challenge
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role;
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check;
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply; and
- We encourage people with disability who have relevant skills and experience, to apply for any advertised vacancies.
No Similar Jobs Found.