District Medical Officer - Procedural - Obstetrics
- : HealthcareLink On-demand Support
- : 14-May-2018
- : Perth WA 6000
Job title: District Medical Officer
Location: Regional WA
• Provides comprehensive and high quality hospital and community based health services to the town of Derby and remote communities of Looma, Mowanjum, Lombadina and One Arm Point.
• Provides clinical leadership, supervision, training and education.
• Develops and maintains the skills necessary to provide safe, effective, appropriate and quality clinical service.
1. Eligible for registration by the Medical Board of Australia.
2. Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, or the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine, or equivalent experience at the date of commencing duties.
3. Formal post graduate qualification in obstetrics and equivalent extensive experience.
4. Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to work as an effective team member.
6. A record of appropriate Emergency Department skill maintenance in the last triennium of completion of at least 1 of the following and evidence of continued professional development:
• ACLS (or equivalent)
• APLS (or equivalent)
• EMST (or equivalent)
• GCCA (or equivalent)
7. Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the Aboriginal Cultural respect framework
8. Current C Class Driver's Licence.
1. Evidence of registration by the Medical Board of Australia must be provided prior to commencement.
2. Current knowledge and commitment to Equal Opportunity in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
3. Experience in/or commitment to public health medicine and primary health care.
4. Experience working in a cross cultural environment particularly with Aboriginal people.
5. Sound understanding of remote area health service provision.
No Similar Jobs Found.