District Medical Officer
- : HealthcareLink On-demand Support
- : 11-Oct-2017
- : Perth WA 6000
Job title: District Medical Officer
Location: Regional WA
- Provide comprehensive and high quality hospital and community based heath services to the town and remote communities.
- Provides clinical leadershi, supervision training and education.
- Develops and maintains the skills necessary to provide safe, effective, appropriate and quaity clinical services,
The location is situated at the southern end part and the second largest tidal range in the world (up to 12 metres). The local jetty offers a great view of the tides while you sit and watch the sunset. The town has mud flats on 2 sides which are great for having the evening BBQ, or early morning walk, though they get a bit wet in the wet season when the tides are at their highest.
1. Eligible for registration by the Medical Board Australia
2. Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, or the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine, or equivalent experience at the date of commencing duties.
3. Formal post graduate qualification in obstetrics and equivalent extensive esperience.
4. Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to work as an effective team member.
6. A record of appropriate Emergency Department skill maintenance in the last triennium of completion of at least 1 of the following and evidence of continued professional development:
- ACLS (Or equivalent)
- APLS (Or equivalent)
- EMST (Or equivalent)
- GCCA (Or equivalent)
7. Demonstrated understanding and kowledge of the Aboriginal Cultural respect framework.
8. Current C CLass Drivers Licence.
1. Current knowledge and comitmnt to Equal Opportunity in all asects of employment and service delivery.
2. Experience in/or commitment to public health medicine ad primary health care.
3. Experience working in a cross cultural environment particularly with Aboriginal people.
4. Sound understanding of remote area health service provision
No Similar Jobs Found.