Family Health Social Worker - Bundaberg
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 06-Dec-2018
- : Bundaberg QLD 4670
Family Health Social Worker Part-Time Vacancy - Bundaberg
This role is key to enhancing service delivery for children and their families through assessment and identification of barriers/challenges and assisting in goal setting and planning of services which are responsive and tailored to family's needs, cultural beliefs, social and environmental circumstances.
This position is part-time 0.60 FTE
In the role of Family Health Social Worker at the regional centre you will have the opportunity to:
- Facilitate a range of evidence based interventions and group programs (centre based and/or external location) to children and their families to allow optimum development and wellbeing. These programs may include but are not limited to the following:
- Parenting skills programs (e.g. Triple P, 1-2-3 Magic, Circle of Security Parenting)
- Health Education Sessions (HES) for children and their families
- Skill development group programs for children such as social skills and emotional resilience group programs (e.g. Fun Friends, Friends for Life, PALS)
- Outreach programs to nearby communities (as required)
- Individual programs (as required)
- Home visits (as required)
- Identify and monitor program needs specific to the children and their families in local communities in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, Allied Health Services Manager and other key community stakeholders.
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary team decision-making regarding client programs, progress and therapy planning by attending Case Management Meetings
Mandatory requirements for this role:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Social Work
- Membership to the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Working with Children Blue Card - Positive Notice
- Current C Class Queensland Drivers Licence
- Proof of Hepatitis B Vaccination status
How to apply: Applicants are to submit a brief resume; contact details for 2 referees and a maximum 2 page written response outlining suitability for the role addressing the key selection criteria.
No Similar Jobs Found.