Family Health Social Worker - Mount Isa
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 27-Mar-2018
- : Mount Isa QLD 4825
Family Health Social Worker Part-Time Vacancy - Mount Isa
This role is key to enhancing service delivery for children and their families through assessment and identification of barriers/challenges and assisting in goal setting and planning of services which are responsive and tailored to family's needs, cultural beliefs, social and environmental circumstances.
This position is part time 0.60 FTE.
In the role of Family Health Social Worker at the regional centre you will have the opportunity to:
- Identify and monitor program needs specific to the children and their families in local communities in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, Allied Health Services Manager and other key community stakeholders. These programs may include but are not limited to the following:
- Parenting skills programs (e.g. Triple P, 1-2-3 Magic, Circle of Security Parenting)
- Health Education Sessions (HES) for children and their families
- Skill development group programs for children such as social skills and emotional resilience group programs (e.g. Fun Friends, Friends for Life, PALS)
- Outreach programs to nearby communities (as required)
- Individual programs (as required)
- Home visits (as required)
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary team decision-making regarding client programs, progress and therapy planning by attending Case Management Meetings
- Facilitate a range of evidence based interventions and group programs (centre based and/or external location) to children and their families to allow optimum development and wellbeing.
Mandatory requirements for this role:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Social Work
- Membership to the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Working with Children Blue Card - Positive Notice
- Current C Class Queensland Drivers Licence
- Proof of Hepatitis B Vaccination status
How to apply:
Applicants are to submit a brief resume; contact details for 2 referees and a maximum 2 page written response outlining suitability for the role
No Similar Jobs Found.